Culture24 is looking for four new trustees to help us to shape the organisation’s work, ensuring we remain relevant and valuable to those we support, our funders and our audiences.
The new trustees will join a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation and a dedicated and passionate board of trustees. In a friendly environment, you will be able to make a substantial contribution towards helping us realise our vision of a thriving and relevant cultural sector able to connect meaningfully with audiences of today.
- Be part of ensuring we deliver our mission to support arts & heritage organisations to have the confidence, imagination and skills to make this happen.
- Give something back that supports the arts, museums, galleries, heritage organisations and the richness of their collections.
- Gain new skills and improve your own professional development.
The opportunity: roles and responsibilities
You will bring your experience and insights to support our future development and will be able to:
- Share our passion for, and commitment to, supporting the cultural sector
- Be available to attend up to five board meetings a year
- Review papers and material that is provided in advance of meetings
- Provide advice outside of board meetings to the CEO and staff members around your particular areas of expertise, when needed
- Attend occasional Culture24 advocacy events, conference and networking events
Specific knowledge and experience
We are seeking to appoint four individuals who will add to the diversity of our board.
As part of this, we are looking for at least one trustee who is 18-25 years of age, in order to keep the board representative of our target audiences, who has some existing experience in the cultural sector.
For the others, we are specifically seeking individuals with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Museum leadership/cultural policy (priority area)
- Producing experiential events or festivals (priority area)
- Knowledge and experience of financial management processes and systems (priority area)
- Lates and/or Night Time Economy (NTE)
- Co-creation with diverse communities
- Advocacy and fundraising
- Entrepreneurship and business development
Join a dynamic and engaged group of existing trustees
- Anna Rafferty (Chair) Global Director: Digital Marketing for BBC Studios
- Hasan Bakhshi Executive Director, Creative Economy and Data Analytics, Nesta
- Catherine Flynn Global Director of Marketing, Workplace by Facebook
- Eddie Berg Chief Executive of Rich Mix
- Andrew Dewdney Research Professor, PhD supervisor and lecturer, Centre for Media and Culture Research at London South Bank University
- Owen Valentine Pringle Senior digital strategist with over 20 years of experience across cultural, media and NGO sectors
- Lianre Robinson Client Services Director at LADbible Group
- Rob Yates Development Manager, University of Sussex and fundraising expert
Meetings are currently held in London, with the exception of the December meeting which is in Brighton with all Culture24 staff. At the moment the majority of trustees are based in London or the South East, but we welcome applications from individuals across the UK. Locations can be revised once the new trustees are appointed.
This is an unpaid role. Culture24 will reimburse any travel expenses to meetings in full, including overnight accommodation if necessary. Our trustee meetings are always lively and full of debate. We are a friendly bunch and keep things as informal as possible.
If you would like to become a Culture24 trustee please write and tell us why you are interested, what you can bring to the board and where your skills match those we are looking for. Make sure you let us know if you are under the age of 25. Please attach a copy of your CV. If you have any questions please contact Judith at the email address below.
All applications should be sent to Judith@culture24.org.uk by 8th October 2018.
Two trustees and our CEO will be reading all applications and selecting a shortlist who will be invited to meet up for a chat. Successful candidates will then follow a short induction process before attending their first board meeting on December 13th 2018 in Brighton.
Thank you for your interest.