We convene and chair an informal group of non-profit organisations who support museums.
The purpose of the group is to make museums better together. We develop more relevant, tailored, responsive and coherent services through co-operation. We believe that openness enhances our individual offers to the sector.
The Museums Support Alliance is a platform for:
- Sharing intelligence on sector needs
- Sharing insight in our areas of expertise, from our own experiences
- Sharing tools and resources
- Greater economies of scale and effort
- Developing a more coordinated offer without duplication
- Scheduling events and programmes in complementary ways
- Enabling coordinated communications about our services
The group consists of senior leadership staff from the following organisations:
Army Museums Ogilby Trust, Arts&Heritage, Arts Fundraising & Philanthropy, Arts Marketing Association, Association of Independent Museums, Association for Cultural Enterprises, Battersea Arts Centre, Collections Trust, Culture24, Disability Co-operative Network for Museums, Engage, Family Arts Campaign, Group for Education in Museums, ICOM, Julie’s Bicycle, Kids in Museums, Stagetext, The Audience Agency, The Happy Museum Project, Touring Exhibition Group, Museums Association, Museum Development Network, NMDC, Museum Detox, VocalEyes.
If you are a senior leader in an organisation supporting museums and wish to contribute, please contact Culture24’s CEO Jane Finnis (Jane@culture24.org.uk).