Is your museum leadership team confident when it comes to digital? Are they as digitally literate as our fast-changing world requires?
Date: Thursday 6 February 2020
Place: Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham, B18 6HA
The opportunities around digital culture can be huge but it’s a fast-changing, multi-layered environment that is a challenge for many museums to exploit. Join Culture24’s CEO Jane Finnis and Partnerships Director Anra Kennedy to learn more.
What will be covered?
A thriving, successful museum needs a digitally literate workforce that understands the ways in which digital technologies, content and culture can best serve their mission. It’s down to museum leadership to create the right conditions to meet those challenges. This one-day workshop will combine strategy, theory and expert insight with practical advice and peer support. Themes covered include:
- Digital literacy – what this means for museums and why it matters
- Mission and purpose – the impact digital culture is having on museums and how to meet the needs of your team, audiences, collections and mission
- Sector developments – how to make the most of new (free) strategic initiatives and resources to support digital development in your setting
- Being experimental – driving evidence-based change through iterative practices to build digital capacity
By the end of this course you will have:
- Improvement in your own digital literacy and understanding
- Fuller understanding of the opportunities around digital culture for your organisation
- A range of inspirational yet pragmatic and relatable case studies
- Practical next steps to implement in your organisation
- A new network of peers all tackling similar issues
- Signposting to free online resources to support you going forward
Who should attend?
Leaders and decision makers from small and medium sized museums in the West Midlands.
Please note the day is specifically designed for museum leaders with responsibilities across the museum’s strategy and operations (i.e. not the digital team leaders!) Culture24 is a firm believer in leading change from wherever you are situated in an organisation, but this particular workshop will bring most value to executive and board-level leaders.
Book your place here via the West Midlands Museum Development website.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Priority will be given to delegates from non-NPO museums which are Accredited or officially Working Towards Accreditation. Maximum of two delegates per museum.
This is one of our Arts Council England-funded Sector Support programme workshops, provided in partnership with West Midlands Museums Development.
Culture24 is currently planning further ACE-funded Sector Support programme workshops with Museum Development Service regions throughout England.